Wednesday 2 March 2011

ACAB? ACAHT!

Today morning, when I woke up I found my Facebook wall full of posts regarding the police. I wasn't informed on what happened but I easily realized that something bad was happened in Greece the previous night. The news portals had the assassination of two young police officers (22 years old) at the top of their newslists. The story can be found here

My facebook wall continued to grow with messages of friends who were declaring their opposition to the death of these two guys. However there were some messages of people who were happy because two cops were killed. The "ACAB" acronym (All Cops Are Bustards) was written at the end of each message of that type. 

I am not going to talk about the dead policemen. They are dead and our religion says that now they will be judged by God and not by humans. Nevertheless, I will write four statements for people that are supporting that a death is welcomed if is a death of a cop.

1) Each of these guys was a son of a mother, whose life in now ruined. She is now in pain and she has no difference from your mother.
2) Each of these guys was a son of a man, who sacrificed his life to let his children become useful members of this society. He is now in silent pain. Remember, that he has no difference from your father.
3) Each of these guys was a brother. His brothers and sisters can not even sleep from now on. It's like your brother.
4) Each of these guys was a friend. A friend of people like you.

So, if you believe that ACAB then I say to you that ACAHT (All Cops Are Humans Too).

3 comments:

  1. awesome article!respect...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The use of Kalashnikovs is common with both organised crime groups and terrorists," he said.
    Police launched a huge operation to find the perpetrators.

    I'd say that the main goal should be trying harder to make that "common" isuue uncommon rather than waiting another bad incident like this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what happens if they don't have a family or friends?? They don't have the right to be in this world?? I think everybody has the right of being a member of humanity, even if there is noone who loves him/her...

    ReplyDelete